Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Inspired!

I went to many great art shows in Toronto this weekend....
The Whole Ball of Wax at Propeller,
Red Carpet at Drabinsky Gallery,
Bloodletting at Le Gallery,
Faces of the City at Show & Tell Gallery
and Sacrifices for the Sanguinary Age at Meta Gallery.

Today there was an artist talk by the artist Vincent Castiglia at Meta Gallery. His show Sacrifices for the Sanguinary Age was breathtaking! He was an amazing artist, speaker, and writer. His figurative work painted in blood and water had incredible luminosity and detail. I appreciated his work even more after I heard him talk about it. He is definitely one of my new favourite artists. I would love to go to New York to see more of his work. I strongly recommend going to his show at Meta Gallery, which runs September 10-October 10 2010.



No comments:

Post a Comment